Saturday, May 26, 2012

It has begun

I slept surprisingly well last night considering how many butterflies were churning in my gut! This IS quite an exciting adventure and I feel like pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. I must admit that I made a rookie mistake by staying up late packing, but I am happy to say I didn't have to repack anything!

We breezed through security at the Little Rock airport and then boarded our tiny Embraer jet for O'Hare. After I saw the water tower by Lena and Franklin's house drift by my window, I actually dozed off...something I NEVER do! After a quick, smooth hour and a half flight, we landed in Chi town; too bad the Cubs are playing a night game!

Our 6 hour layover has gone really quickly, actually, and we had dinner at Frontana, a really good "quick" Mexican restaurant. We were really excited to see that American and British Airways have a shuttle that runs between the domestic and int'l terminals, meaning we didn't have to go back through security.

We're now in the int'l. terminal and our BIG 747 is parked right outside! Dianne's trying not to think about the physics behind getting that much metal to fly. We also just visited a duty-free store which was really weird as they sold candy, perfume, and alcohol. I guess those are essentials for some travelers. Caroline, your mom bought a Cadberry fruit and nut bar in honor of the many bribings you and Alaine were put through as kids when picking your dad up at the airport.

Our flight leaves in a little over an hour and I have to say I'm excited to see the inside of this plane. Looks like it's going to be a full flight. I'll sign off for now. We'll arrive in London at about 4:30 am Central time. Here's to a safe, restful flight!

1 comment:

Hansen Chronicles said...

Safe travels.

Creative Commons License This work by Chris Odom is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.